- MALICIOUS Dictionary lookup
(noun: MALICE): Bearing, or acting with, deliberate ill-will or spite - hurting with malicious intent.
Synonyms:rancorous, malignant, malevolent, virulent, vindictive
- MASQUERADE Dictionary lookup
(verb): To assume a deceptive appearance or character - a thief masquerading as an honest man.
Synonyms: dissemble, feign
- MAUDLIN Dictionary lookup
: Sentimental to the point of tears - turned maudlin at the mention of his lost dog.
Synonym : mawkish, lachrymose
- MEANDER Dictionary lookup
: To walk about (or talk) aimlessly; to wind about (as a stream) - meandered through the town, looking into shop windows.
- MEDIOCRE Dictionary lookup
: Average in quality - a mediocre performance, unworthy of his talents.
359. MERCENARY: Acting solely from a consideration of reward or profit - actuated by a mercenary motive.
- MERETRICIOUS Dictionary lookup
: Attracting in a false, cheap, or showy manner- a meretricious beauty that is too flashy to be real.
- METICULOUS Dictionary lookup
: Fussy about minute details - took meticulous pains with his composition.
Synonyms:fastidious, punctilious, overscrupulous, finical, methodical
Antonyms:desultory, perfunctory, slovenly
- MICROCOSM Dictionary lookup
: A little world, or a universe in miniature this village, a microcosm of the great outside world.
Antonym:macrocosm (world on a large scale)
- MISNOMER Dictionary lookup
: A name or term that describes wrongly - To call him a brave man is really a misnomer.
367. MONOLOGUE: A speech by one person - The actor gave his views in a dramatic monologue.
Antonyms:colloquy (adj. colloquial): conversation between two or more persons; dialogue: conversation between two persons
- MOROSE Dictionary lookup
: Gloomy; ill-humored - shunned because of his morose temper.
Synonyms: sulky, crabbed, sullen, splenetic, saturnine
Antonyms: blithe, genial
- MOTLEY Dictionary lookup
: Of various colors; of mixed ingredients - a motley costume; a motley crowd.
Synonyms: checkered (referring to a varied career), piebald, variegated, diverse, heterogeneous
- MOTTLED Dictionary lookup
: Spotted or streaked with varied colors - a mottled pony.
- MUNDANE Dictionary lookup
: Of, or pertaining to, the world, as contrasted with the spirit - mundane affairs.
Synonyms:earthly, terrestrial, secular, temporal
- MURKY Dictionary lookup
: Dark; cloudy - a murky cavern.
Synonyms:dismal, tenebrous, fuliginous
Antonyms:resplendent, glowing, lustrous, luminous, fulgent, coruscating
- MUTABLE Dictionary lookup
: Given to frequent change in nature, mood, or form - mutable in mood as a spring wind.
Synonyms:vacillating, fickle, inconstant, fitful, mercurial, wavering, capricious
- MYRIAD Dictionary lookup
: Innumerable - the myriad stars in the heavens.
375. NAUTICAL: Pertaining to ships or navigation - a nautical career.
Synonyms: marine, naval, maritime